In the light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation in Korea and globally, AustCham Korea has created a summary on the latest updates of the situation, sanitary measures and recommendations announced by the Australian and Korean governments.
Below you can find suggestions on websites, Facebook pages and apps to track COVID-19 outbreaks in Korea and also check the status of international travel.
Useful links from the Australian government and international outlets:
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Smartraveller.gov.au (South Korea)
- Australian Department of Home Affairs
- Australian Government Support & Assistance:
- International SOS
- World Health Organisation
Korean Government Resources:
- Ministry of Economy and Finance
- Ministry of Employment and Labor
- Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy
Useful links from local Korean outlets:
- Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (KCDC)
- Korea’s Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Seoul Metropolitan Government (Cities Against COVID-19 page)
- Seoul Global Cultural Center (also accessible via Facebook)
- Itaewon Global Village (with daily COVID-19 updates on Facebook)
- Southwest Global Center, Yeonnam Global Village, Yeoksam Global Village, Seorae Global Village, Ichon Global Village and Seongbuk Global Village are also worth following for neighbourhood-specific updates
- Yonhap News
- Korean Air (with an updated travel restrictions list by country)
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) treatment hotline at 1339 or 1345 (English)
Apps to download:
- Emergency Ready App – Official app by the Korean Government that includes a translation of COVID-19 text message alerts. You can download it from Apple or Play store.
- Coronamap (https://coronamap.site/) shows the travel histories of confirmed COVID-19 patients.
- Coronaita (https://coronaita.com/#/) provides information on coronavirus-hit areas like a search engine.
- Coronavirus Australia app – Official app from the Australian Government, available for download on Apple App Store or Google Play. It is also possible to join the WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android for updates.
OFFICIAL STATEMENTS FROM THE KOREAN GOVERNMENT
- For details on Korea’s COVID-19 management strategy, check out the Korean Government’s report, “Tackling COVID-19: Health, Quarantine and Economic Measures of South Korea”. The paper is a summary of Korea’s health and economic response against COVID-19 over the past two months from January to March 30, 2020. [March 31, 2020]
- To gain insights into South Korea’s use of ICT and other innovative technologies to combat the virus, make sure to read the Korean Government’s second report, “Flattening the curve on COVID-19“. [April 15, 2020]
- Read the Government’s 3rd report, titled ‘COVID-19 response strategy: COVID 19, Testing Time for Resilience’ here. The report is composed of nine sections, which range from international economic affairs and small business support to remote education and work. [May 3, 2020]
- Click here to read the official letter released by the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, Republic of Korea. [March 2, 2020]
- Download the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy’s recommended ‘Plan for Operation Continuance of Companies‘.
- Access the Ministry of Employment and Labour’s Disaster Prevention and Compensation Policy Document ‘Guidelines for Organisations/ Businesses’ here. [February 24, 2020]
COVID-19 RESOURCES TAB
In order to share resources for specific sectors, we have added a new ‘COVID-19 Resources’ tab to our website. The press releases for Tourism, Export, SMEs and Households are sourced from the Ministry of Economy and Finance, the Financial Services Commission, the Ministry of Employment and Labor and the Ministry of Health and Welfare.
FOR DETAILED TRAVEL UPDATES CHECK SMARTRAVELLER
Click here to see the latest Smartraveler advice for South Korea.