Energy, Resources & Sustainability Sub-Committee
The Sub-Committee serves as the primary body within AustCham Korea relating to the energy, resources and sustainability sectors. The Committee’s mission is to obtain and exchange information, discuss relevant issues, share resources, expand networks and provide a platform to enhance bilateral relations between Australia and Korea.
Key initiatives include acting as an interface to the government, regulators and industry, as well as advising and educating AustCham Korea members on issues relating to the industry.
In 2019, AustCham Korea’s Energy, Resources and Sustainability Sub-Committee hosted the following events:
- Breakfast Roundtable with the Hon. Simon Birmingham, Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment
- Breakfast Reception with the Hon. Steven Marshall, Premier of South Australia
- Breakfast Reception with the Minister of Resources and Northern Australia, Senator the Hon. Matthew Canavan
- Business Luncheon with the Chairman of the Australia Korea Business Council (AKBC), Mr Simon Crean
- Exclusive Sponsors Tour of POSCO’s operations in Pohang, South Korea
- Business Reception with the South Australian Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment, the Hon David Ridgway
- Breakfast Roundtable with Australia’s Ambassador for the Environment, Mr Patrick Suckling
- Breakfast Reception with Mr David Grabau, Austrade Senior Investment Specialist
For those who would like to join the Sub-Committee or interesting in receiving more information, please contact AustCham Korea’s Executive Director, Rowan Petz firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.