Important Resources and Information
In the light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation in Korea and globally, AustCham Korea has created a summary on the latest updates of the situation, sanitary measures and recommendations announced by the Australian and Korean governments.
Below you can find suggestions on websites, Facebook pages and apps to track COVID-19 outbreaks in Korea and also check the status of international travel.
Useful links from the Australian government and international outlets:
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Australian Department of Home Affairs
- Smartraveller.gov.au (South Korea)
- International SOS
- World Health Organisation
- Australian Government Support & Assistance:
Korean Government Resources:
- Ministry of Economy and Finance
- Ministry of Employment and Labor
- Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy
Useful links from local Korean outlets:
- Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (KCDC)
- Korea’s Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Seoul Global Cultural Center (also accessible via Facebook)
- Itaewon Global Village (with daily COVID-19 updates on Facebook)
- Southwest Global Center, Yeonnam Global Village, Yeoksam Global Village, Seorae Global Village, Ichon Global Village and Seongbuk Global Village are also worth following for neighbourhood-specific updates
- Yonhap News
- Korean Air (with an updated travel restrictions list by country)
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) treatment hotline at 1339 or 1345 (English)
Apps to download:
- Emergency Ready App – Official app by the Korean government that includes a translation of COVID-19 text message alerts. You can download it from Apple or Play store.
- Coronamap (https://coronamap.site/) shows the travel histories of confirmed COVID-19 patients.
- Coronaita (https://coronaita.com/#/) provides information on coronavirus-hit areas like a search engine.
- Coronavirus Australia app – Official app from the Australian Government, available for download on Apple App Store or Google Play. It is also possible to join the WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android for updates.
Press Releases and Information