**Due to increased interest, AustCham has changed the format of this event to 1:1 consultations**
Are you an Australian SME based in Korea? AustCham Korea would love to hear from you!
In response to the Australian government’s enquiry into supporting small and medium-sized businesses to leverage free trade agreements (FTA’s), AustCham Korea would like to hear from those utilising the Korean-Australian Free Trade Agreement (KAFTA).
AustCham aims to provide the Australian business community in Korea the opportunity to advise the Chamber via a 1:1 consultation on how to improve exposure of SMEs to these export opportunities across Asia and views on how governments can support and maximise their export success.
Australian organisations which would like to contribute to the ‘SMEs Advocacy: Leveraging Free Trade Agreements’ discussion, can register their interest by emailing Rowan Petz firstname.lastname@example.org
Advice and recommendations stemming from the 1:1 consultations will be compiled by the Chamber and submitted to the Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade.
‘SMEs Advocacy: Leveraging Free Trade Agreements’ terms of reference:
- consideration of what products and services (e.g. inclusion and prioritisation) are negotiated in free trade agreements;
- awareness of, and accessibility to, free trade agreements;
- lessons learned from attempts at leveraging free trade agreements, including barriers to implementation and success in fast-tracking export opportunities;
- role and effectiveness of support structures and networks in helping leverage free trade agreements;
- ongoing capacity building that will assist in creating opportunities and capturing more value from free trade agreements in the future; and
- any other related matters.