Activities & Services
Since the Korean-Australian Free Trade Agreement (KAFTA) entered into force on December 2014, the ratification of KAFTA has sharpened AustCham’s focus on helping its members successfully navigate the business environment in Korea. To conduct effective business in any sector, an understanding of the applicable rules and practices is essential. To this end, AustCham Korea organises regular business seminars titled Doing Business In Korea (DBIK).
Through the invitation of special guest speakers, the DBIK seminars provide an essential platform for the sharing of business related ideas and expertise with AustCham Members. DBIK offers diverse insight into the Australian-Korean business environment and a useful advantage to those seeking to better understand the complexities of ‘doing business in Korea’.
Doing Business in Korea (DBIK)
The Chamber hosts regular social networking events. In most months AustCham hosts a ‘Sundowner’ event at various venues throughout the year. Some events are held annually such as ‘Christmas in July/Mid-Year Sundowner’ and our ‘Year-End Party’.
AustCham also celebrates important Australian events such as Australia Day, the rugby State of Origin, and the AFL Grand Final. For our members to expand their professional networks, the Chamber also holds joint events with other foreign chambers, such as the Commonwealth Chambers Networking Night. All our social events are an ideal networking setting with a relaxed feel to socialise and mingle.
AustCham Business Awards
The AustCham Business Awards recognise and celebrate the significant achievements made by companies involved in Australia-Korea business activities.
- The 2016 AustCham Business Awards winners were:
- Macquarie Capital Korea (2016 Business of the Year).
- POSCO (Award for Excellence – Infrastructure and Resources)
- Wilson Parking Korea Ltd (Award for Excellence – Innovation and Technology)
- Pepper Savings Bank (Award for Excellence – Services)
- Manbulloo Ltd (Award for Excellence – Food and Beverages)
- RBK Nutraceuticals Pty Ltd (Award for Excellence – SME)
- Diana Underwood (Individual Award for Outstanding Contribution)