AustCham Korea’s Bushfire Relief Appeal
Donate today – All funds will be donated to the Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund and WIRES Animal Rescue.
We are all truly saddened to see the devastation that has occurred as a result of the recent and ongoing bushfires in Australia. The Chamber would like to express its sincere condolences and support for our Members with families and friends back home who have been impacted.
These bushfires have been unprecedented in their scale and have ravaged numerous Australian states in the last few months. To date, there have been at least 24 deaths (including three volunteer firefighters), over one billion animals killed and more than 6.3 million hectares (63,000 km² or 15.6 million acres) of bush, forest and parks burned.
Australians are resilient and it is pleasing to see communities back home rallying together to support each other through such terrible and uncertain times. Rest assured, Australians are not alone.
The Chamber has been inundated with phone calls and emails from concerned Members asking how they can donate and assist. Already, we have been honoured by the news that several Australian and Korean companies based in Korea have made generous donations towards bushfire relief, highlighting the strong bond that links our two communities.
For those who can afford it, we encourage you to dig deep and help those communities that have been devastated by this tragedy.
All received funds will be donates to the Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery fund and WIRES Animal Rescue. Please note, as the funds raised will be sent our selected charities in Australia, we are unable to process any individual tax deduction receipts.
For companies or organisations who wish to donate amounts of more than KRW 1,000,000, please contact AustCham Korea directly.
For more information on AustCham Korea’s Bushfire Relief Appeal, please email Rowan Petz – firstname.lastname@example.org or call +82 2 766 9590
Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund:
How your donation to Disaster Relief and Recovery helps
- Supporting people at evacuation centres and recovery hubs
- Psychological first aid to reduce trauma
- Emergency assistance (including cash grants to people who have lost homes in these bushfires)
- Supporting our volunteers and covering their expenses
- Longer-term recovery programs in disaster-affected communities
- Helping families and communities prepare for disasters
- Essential costs like transport, office space, finance and IT systems
More information: www.redcross.org.au
WIRES Animal Rescue:
- Improve capability to rescue and care for more animals affected by the recent bushfires.
- Subsidise food costs for wildlife in care
- Provide community wildlife information and education
- Provide wildlife training courses for volunteers and the community
- Support our volunteers
- Grow our service so that we can help wildlife for generations to come
- Operate the Wildlife Rescue Office 365 days a year
More information: www.wires.org.au