Internship with The Australian Chamber of Commerce in Korea (AustCham Korea)
- Location: Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Organisation:The Australian Chamber of Commerce in Korea |AustCham Korea
- Duration: 3 Months
- Work Status: Part Time/ Full Time
- Application Period: Until opened
To apply for this position, please submit your CV to email@example.com by the 31st of August. Only applicants who are successfully shortlisted for the interview will be contacted.
AustCham is looking for undergraduate or recent graduate candidates to intern with the team in Seoul. There are no specific perquisite study requirements, however, a strong interest in international business, interpersonal skills and teamwork ability, strong communication skills and strong proficiency with ICT are essential. Although not mandatory Korean language skills will be favourably considered. The role, although not limited to these areas, will have a strong focus on communications and event management.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Strong Interest in International Business, particularly the Australia-Korea business partnership.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to be applied in the business setting.
- Familiarity and efficiency with basic ICT and commonly used software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Facebook, LinkedIn) and ability to quickly learn other skills as required. Further ability, particularly in relation to web-design and media creation will be favourably considered.
- Communications and Design
- Draft, edit and create content to for AustCham’s communications channels as well as internal operations.
- Update and deliver AustCham’s monthly newsletter.
- Create and distribute event promotional and flyers material across the AustCham website, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Liaise with AustCham Members and Directors.
- Manage and provide support for all of AustCham’s ICT functions.
- Regularly update AustCham’s website, Facebook and LinkedIn profiles.
- Be responsible for back-up of AustCham data on Cloud and storage.
- Provide IT support and education to other staff members and incoming interns.
- Event Management
- Assist team in planning, organising and executing AustCham business events, social functions and other special occasions (e.g. ministerial visits).
- Participate in all AustCham events to aid in running them as well as enhance AustCham’s membership engagement.
The Australian Chamber of Commerce (AustCham Korea) is the peak body representing Australian and Korean business interests. Founded in 2008, AustCham Korea is a non-profit, private sector organization that represents more than 200 members. AustCham aims to provide companies with:
- Information: High-quality, practical information and referrals on doing business in Korea.
- Representation: A robust, influential and positive Australian business identity to the Korean government and the wider Korean and international business community, playing a constructive and meaningful role in developing Australian/Korean commercial relationships, and representing Australian business in Korea.
- Commercial Connections: Business networking opportunities through our range of forums, networking and social events, playing a constructive and meaningful role in promoting Australia/Korea commercial relationships.
To foster a vibrant Australia-Korea business community through networking, information-sharing and representation.
To lead Australia business growth in Korea.