2011 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
On January 18 Members and Guests attended the 2011 AGM. This was a chance to meet the newly elected Board of Directors and also for AustCham members to get together after the winter break.
After brief welcoming remarks from Interim Chairman Peter Feltis, The Chamber Patron H.E. Sam Gerovich explained the importance of the chamber to Korea-Australia relations espacially within the context of 2012 when a Korean-Australian FTA could well become a reality.
Mr. Robert Quinlivan outlined the finacial report for 2010-2011 and also gave a brief rundown of 2012 expected activities.
At the meeting the 2012 Board of Directors was announced as follows:
- Peter Feltis from Samsung Engineering
- Matthew Holmes from KPMG
- Robert Quinlivan from Macquarie Securities
- Lee Dong Han (Harry) from Telston
- Ough Sung Jean from Western Australia Investment and Trade
- Sean Rodrigues from Woodside Energy
- Graham Dodds from Exxon Mobile
- Jeff Bang from Rio Tinto
- Lachlan Winner from J&S Law
- Cho Young In from Pure Commerce
- Diana Underwood from Work Well
- Scott Walker from Blackmores Korea
The ex officio positions of the BOD are:
- Martin Walsh Senior Trade Comissioner at Austrade
- Paul Gibbons Economic Counsellor at Australian Embassy Seoul
- Rod Rothwell Executive Director AustCham Korea
After the official part of the evening outgoing directors were thanked for their contributions and to Mark Redmond a longstanding director and member of the executive committee as well as the writer of the AustCham Constitution was presented with a rare and magnificant horse statute.